IGNORED

New Fuel Tank

bhermes

Ok, after 3 years chasing my stalling issue, I am back to my initial assumption.

I has always suspected the rust and condition of my fuel tank was the issue.

I attempted to clean and coat the tank myself but the tank is in bad shape.

I am going to have someone look at the tank one last time but then looking for a replacement. If anyone has one please let me know.

Has anyone had an issue with hydro-locking? Or maybe just rust clogging fuel pump.

Also it appears that one of my injectors is bad. Is there anything I should know when getting a new one.

Thanks.

Did you ever put a clear fuel filter between the tank and fuel pump? It would get full of crud quick and you could see what it looks like. You could have a clogged port somewhere or the liner didnt cure and is stopping something up.

A good injector IMHO is the Standard FJ 707T. I put six on my car for cheaper than cleaning the originals.

Yes. Had some trouble with fuel line kinking and removed. The tank is leaking so it needs to be dropped and repaired and replaced regardless. I will then put back in the filter.

Thanks for the advice on the injector.

How about a replacement tank. Anything cleaver or am I stuck with refurbished tank at 330 plus 270 core charge. Don't know if the will except mine as a reasonable core.

Yes. Had some trouble with fuel line kinking and removed. The tank is leaking so it needs to be dropped and repaired and replaced regardless. I will then put back in the filter.

Thanks for the advice on the injector.

How about a replacement tank. Anything cleaver or am I stuck with refurbished tank at 330 plus 270 core charge. Don't know if the will except mine as a reasonable core.

Okay, I understand that. ;)   

Thanks. After looking at my tank I don't think it is too bad. Going to have a friend look at who used to work for a radiator shop that repaired them. I am now going to remove fuel pump at see what it looks like. Replaced once but prior to the last time I.cleaned and coated tank.

I have messaged on a couple replacement tanks just in case.

Fuel pump out. A couple questions. Is there a mesh on inlet. I don't see one. Do I have to remove something to get to it. Secondly and maybe a dumb question but is there a way to tell if the pump is original. It was supposed to have been replaced but I am questioning if it actually was.

Thanks.