IGNORED

Most effective change or modification - fun list ?

Unkle

It's been a few years now since I've taken ownership of my '70 Datsun Z.

I can't tell you how much a gear ratio change has improved the car.

I went from around a stock 3:4 to 4:10 rear gears .

The car is now ''awake'' and lives right in the best powerband/rpm situation.

I have a 5 speed from around a '78 280z . A single 2'' Jaguar SU carb with 

a Crown Maunfacturing turbo kit , period correct .

This car is now a real fun street car ! Do you have any single upgrades to share ? 

Lowering my 76 ~1.5" had a major affect on handling.  Much improved.

And a differential mount of the RTz design made the overall gear-shifting operation much more solid and pleasant.

I am having gear change issues .

Frequently at a stoplight and in neutral , I find the trans is locked and won't shift out of neutral 

into gear without a big fight. Also the third to fourth shift can be notchy unless done slowly. 

Can this diff mount help ? The car is lowered 1.5'' with koni adjustable shocks.

I am having gear change issues .

Frequently at a stoplight and in neutral , I find the trans is locked and won't shift out of neutral 

into gear without a big fight. Also the third to fourth shift can be notchy unless done slowly. 

Can this diff mount help ? The car is lowered 1.5'' with koni adjustable shocks.

That sounds more like a clutch issue.  It's not disengaging completely.  If you're lucky it just needs adjustment at the pedal.  If you're not lucky, one of the hydraulic cylinders is going bad.  Start a new thread about the problem.

The RTz diff mount just stops the clunking noise that can happen with a loose stock mount.