IGNORED

Packaging and support from MSA

Zed Head

Better packaging for shipment of a radiator, header, etc., is going to cost some time & money, which would have to be added to the cost of shipping. MSA crew is very helpful, in my experience; maybe they could make that an option, call it "International Packaging" or something.

Wondering about the "Box 1/2" notation on box in photo, post #10.  

I just wanted to say that it might not be easy to ship heavy car parts.  Take a look at a recent shipment I received from Amazon Prime for a new alternator for my LandCruiser.  You can see the box was open at the seams and the packing material was not adequate.  The alternator was literally moving around inside the box and caused the package to tear open.  

This was NOT MSA, but, the largest retailer in the world.

In my case, I probably would have paid a little more for a double wall box and extra padding to assure the part was delivered unscathed.  How about you guys?  Would you pay extra for your sensitive parts?

m

post-2-0-52890700-1439788940_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-48447900-1439788952_thumb.jpg

Better packaging for shipment of a radiator, header, etc., is going to cost some time & money, which would have to be added to the cost of shipping. MSA crew is very helpful, in my experience; maybe they could make that an option, call it "International Packaging" or something.

Wondering about the "Box 1/2" notation on box in photo, post #10.  

I bought the 2.5" premium exhaust to go along with the 6 to 1 ceramic header, thus "box 1/2".  The exhaust box has "box 2/2" and is the same size box the header was put in.  Living in Alabama they charge me a premium for shipping, $60 something for those two boxes.  It's a set rate for the East Coast I believe.

I just wanted to say that it might not be easy to ship heavy car parts.  Take a look at a recent shipment I received from Amazon Prime for a new alternator for my LandCruiser.  You can see the box was open at the seams and the packing material was not adequate.  The alternator was literally moving around inside the box and caused the package to tear open.  

This was NOT MSA, but, the largest retailer in the world.

In my case, I probably would have paid a little more for a double wall box and extra padding to assure the part was delivered unscathed.  How about you guys?  Would you pay extra for your sensitive parts?

m

Do those boomerangs work?  I've always wanted to try that, those look like the real deal too.  :)

Are they from a college program or some kind of hunting use?  Too cool!

So far I only have one PM about the shipping but no real need for action from MSA.  Do you guys need any help or are you just ranting ?  I'm on vacation starting Thursday so please let me know.  In the meantime, please enjoy the wonders of Internet definitions....  :bunny:

ROFL

rant
rant/
verb
gerund or present participle: ranting
  1. speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.
    "she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all"
    synonyms: fulminate, go on, hold forth, vociferate, sound off, spoutpontificate,blusterdeclaimMore

I took the harsh words out.  Don't want to offend the sponsors.

Don't forget though, that it's a two way interaction.  If they slack on customer interactions, the click-throughs that lead to MSA purchases will drop.  So, in the long run, everyone wins if they realize that this a problem and fix it.  These are hobbies, meant to reduce stress, not add to it.  Receiving a dented, expensive part in a beat up box, poorly packed, is aggravating.  Nobody can argue against that fact.

• Like 1

I took the harsh words out.  Don't want to offend the sponsors.

Don't forget though, that it's a two way interaction.  If they slack on customer interactions, the click-throughs that lead to MSA purchases will drop.  So, in the long run, everyone wins if they realize that this a problem and fix it.  If working with MSA is the same as working with Amazon, why use MSA?  These are hobbies, meant to reduce stress, not add to it.  Receiving a dented, expensive part in a beat up box, poorly packed, is aggravating.  Nobody can argue against that fact.

Enjoying the wonders of Internet definitions.... 

fo·rum

ˈfôrəm/
noun

1. 1.
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"
    synonyms: meetingassemblygatheringrallyconferenceseminarconvention,symposiumcolloquiumcaucusMore

•  
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a court or tribunal

I almost hate to pile on now, but here's a coincidence.  I think this guy has posted on this forum before.

http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/378762-msa-airdam-bumper-scratched-scuffed.html#post2565506

Notice that instead of calling MSA he's gone to a forum.  Could be that MSA doesn't realize what's happening.

Hey guys, you've made some very good points in this thread.  Maybe MSA isn't aware they even have a shipping (or should I say packing) issue.  Perhaps the issue is only related to large or awkward items (like headers).  As I mentioned earlier, I had the exact same problem with my other non-Z related part with the big A.  So, this has got to be an issue that could be common across the world.  

Since none of you have gotten back to me with any specific requests, I will talk with them about their policy and let you know in this thread...

Mike

I'm ready to buy a full exhaust system from MSA but now hesitant after seeing pictures of exhaust pipes sticking out of UPS boxes

Kurbycar, I think you should go ahead with your purchase.  If your part is damaged in shipping, they will stand behind the product.  If something happens, I will help you get the support you need.

Edit:  I will MSA to send you an email this evening.

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic