IGNORED

Vogtland springs

drawz

I ordered the brandcarparts.com strut and spring combo package with the Stagg/vogtland set up. great price. Can't wait to get it installed. I need to source new rubber bushings. and recommendations? No urethane for me, just a thinker sway bar. I replaced the sway bar on my first 240Z almost 30 years ago and it was a great upgrade without sacrificing ride quality. 

• 1 month later...

I'm running the Stagg/Vogtland combination in my car, though I have a 280.  I finished installing everything around the end of July, but with weather and life being what they are, haven't had much of an opportunity to even drive the car, let alone do anything fun with it, so all I have are initial impressions.  Quick thoughts:

I'd consider Brandcarparts.com to be a solidly average vendor.  Shipping was a little delayed and communication limited, but was responsive when I had a delivery problem.  Packaging could use some work.

No missing hardware bits and everything went into place without issue.

The drop on the 280 was a bit over 1" all around and I think it looks pretty good.  No saggy rear end, either.

Stagg + Vogtland + poly bushings + a seat that's completely shot = a pretty harsh ride.  I'm okay with it, but if comfort is any kind of priority, you might want to consider another option.

The shocks I replaced were 100% blown and I don't know what kind of condition the springs were in, so unsurprisingly, handling is now greatly improved, at least for around-town driving.  I haven't been able to throw it around or anything, but I wanted a budget-friendly option that would work for some fun weekend driving.  For ~$400, I'm happy so far.

Thank you for the information Charlie.  My 240z has its original springs but newer KYB strut inserts according to the previous owner.  The rear end sags a little and I assume this is due to the springs being fatigued.  Because of this the car sits a little nose high and I have been considering swapping the front springs for the rears or just going with a new set of Vogtland springs to bring the whole car down a little and level it out.  If you have some current pictures of your 280z I would love to see it.

Thank you for the information Charlie.  My 240z has its original springs but newer KYB strut inserts according to the previous owner.  The rear end sags a little and I assume this is due to the springs being fatigued.  Because of this the car sits a little nose high and I have been considering swapping the front springs for the rears or just going with a new set of Vogtland springs to bring the whole car down a little and level it out.  If you have some current pictures of your 280z I would love to see it.

Sure, here's a before and after.  The second photo was taken before having driven the car after finishing the work.  Here's another one I took today on my lunch break; sorry the quality's not great
post-30129-0-28796600-1437868712_thumb.jpost-30129-0-24845900-1437868711_thumb.jpost-30129-0-30866600-1443644477_thumb.j

Hi all i just received my new vogtland springs yesterday and they all four are the same is that right? sorry this is on a 76 280.

Actually, no, you should have a set of front and back springs.  They look basically identical, but there's a white part number on the springs.  Two should end in "VA", two in "HA".  Those are the fronts and rears (vorachse and hinterachse), respectively.

Hi all i just received my new vogtland springs yesterday and they all four are the same is that right? sorry this is on a 76 280.

Actually, no, you should have a set of front and back springs.  They look basically identical, but there's a white part number on the springs.  Two should end in "VA", two in "HA".  Those are the fronts and rears (vorachse and hinterachse), respectively.

I saw on another forum that somebody had a problem with one of the part numbers.  The spring had the wrong rate for some reason.  They swapped one for the other so the guy ended up with four of the same.  Not sure how it turned out.

It's tough to introduce new products.  Hope he figures out what's going on.

Turns out I have a decent-enough picture of the springs.  Minus the sleeves I put on the top and bottom, here's what should be included:

post-30129-0-67221000-1443660953_thumb.j

As you can see, the front and rear springs are indistinguishable without the part numbers.  Of course, these are for a 280z; not sure about the 240z.

In that other thread the guy was switching springs back to front to try to figure out his problem.  Since one set gave the height he wanted, jdmwerks sent him another two of the same so he'd have proper height.  Which was good of him.  That might be the new normal, maybe there's a problem with some of the springs.  

But, there is still a question...

Sure, here's a before and after.  The second photo was taken before having driven the car after finishing the work.  Here's another one I took today on my lunch break; sorry the quality's not great

Ok so i took a closer look last night you are right i have the VA (fronts) and HA (rears). thanks for the help hope to get them put on next week.i will try to get some before and after photos to post. 

• Like 1