IGNORED

How to wire 2 electronic flashers for blinkers and hazard lights

jalexquijano

Just bought 2 EF32RL electronic flashers at amazon. Which is the neatest and safest way of installing the one for the turn signal lights and the one for the hazard switch? Both of the flashers have 2 prongs and one black wire. Please advise.

Any pictures?

What about grounding the black wire to a bolt in the steering Wheel?? I found out the former owner threw a wire from the negative pole of the battery through the firewall and tied it up with electrical tape to the black wire of the electronic flasher relay. I dont think there was a need to do that when you could ground at the bolt of the steering Wheel. Anyone has a different view?

I still dont know what was the former owner thinking on throwing a 16 GA cable from the negative pole through the firewall and patching the cable with electric tape when it was closer and easier to ground it to a bolt in the steering column!

It's obviously a case where the PO  didn't think there was a closed path between the battery and the interior or the car.  I recently added a nice braided ground strap to my engine.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I have a 75 260 Aust spec Z car and have just installed a US hazard switch as our cars came with wiring but no switch. The problem I have is that when activated only the right hand side signals work not both. Any Ideas why this could be happening?