IGNORED

It's the Little Things That Count

SteveJ

Maybe I've been around early Z cars too long. After the Georgia Z Club meeting tonight, a few of us were walking around the parking lot when we saw an S30 we weren't familiar with. One friend pointed out the 280Z hood.  I said that it was a 240Z. I recognized the bumper mounts were from a 73.

• Like 1

I know the hood on my 280 has been replaced. The paint is peeling off the inside showing gold paint under. It is misaligned, showing by the crack on the left side is wider at the end. Also it hits the post that is on the catch when closing, have to wiggle and re-shut it to get it to close. Not all the time though.

The door plate says build date of 10/75. Not having the louvers, I guess it was an early '76 Z,, confirmed by the door plate. I wish that she had the lovures, might help her with her heat problem.

I'm there too. I don't know when I started paying attention to the details, but I see a lot more now than I used to.

You'd have a field day with my car.  :)

Mine too. People take a double look at mine when they see the 280Z badges. Looks like a 240. If I had it to do over I would have left the original hood and bumpers on. Hmm....another future project. Need to get FI and engine issues sorted first.