IGNORED

What else are you in the market for?

Hardway

As much as I love my 240z my yearning to drive and own other cars never rests.  There are many dream cars on my list such as a Lamboghini Countach, Mirua, Ferrari Testarossa, and more.  However, there are plenty of "normal" and affordable cars I would like to own as well.  Which brings me to my question for all of you, what normal car would you own if you did not have your Z?  Why do you want the car or what is special about it to you?

For me the next car on my list is a complete departure from the lightweight sportiness of the Z car.  For the last several months I have come very close to buying a 1990 - 1992 Cadillac Brougham with the D' Elegance package, 350 V8, with '92 being the preferred year.  Call me crazy (my wife does all the time) but I think they are some of the best looking and elegant cars made.  There is an sentimental attachment as some family friends had a pair of big body Cadillacs and one being a pearl white 91 or 92 BDE.  I always loved seeing it and have a few fond memories of riding in it to get Braum's Ice Cream.  I am well aware of the short comings they offer compared to more modern cars but I am still awe struck every time I see a clean one which is very rare these days.  Luckily they can still be found for reasonable prices but values are ticking up a little each year so maybe I will have one sooner than later.  Below is a picture of a beautiful BDE from the Matt Garrett GM collection.

That is my story, what is yours?

post-25018-0-29407300-1434565859_thumb.j

For most of us a ride in a Cadillac is the last ride we take. Good for you in wanting to ride in one sitting up. As for my dream car, I think it would be a 1983 Avanti II. The GM mechanicals make it easy to service and the classic Lowey designed fiberglass body make it a pleasure to view. My wife has indulged me on my Porsche, Z, and Studebaker Avanti, so I don't push my luck with a newer Avanti. It's good to have something to dream about.

Dennis

• Like 2

Last October I brought home a 1985 5th avenue . The condition of the car is what made me want it 

39000 miles like new with drooping headliner and smell of mice gave me a great deal. 

I dismantled and cleaned put new headliner and 15 other cloth wrapped panels

and all is good. I even put off reassembly of my 78 z to get it on the road. And I love the way she rides.

This is what she looks like. blue leather. Going to 43000 miles now.

1980_LeBaron_5th_Avenue_Limited_Edition.  

I bought my teenage dream car a few years ago: 2002 Subaru WRB WRX wagon. Last December she spun a rod bearing.

For a little while, I cycled through a lot of vehicles, from a 2000 BMW 323iT to 2008 C6 to Honda Element and more.

It's odd, I love to think about keeping Layla ('73 240z) forever, but I also love to think about what someday I may replace her with:

-2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B

-Honda CRX

-Ford Focus SVT

-1967 Chevy Impala SS

impala Ss

-1955-57 Chevy stepside truck

IMG 0249

As much as I love my 240z my yearning to drive and own other cars never rests.  There are many dream cars on my list such as a Lamboghini Countach, Mirua, Ferrari Testarossa, and more.  However, there are plenty of "normal" and affordable cars I would like to own as well.  Which brings me to my question for all of you, what normal car would you own if you did not have your Z?  Why do you want the car or what is special about it to you?

For me the next car on my list is a complete departure from the lightweight sportiness of the Z car.  For the last several months I have come very close to buying a 1990 - 1992 Cadillac Brougham with the D' Elegance package, 350 V8, with '92 being the preferred year.  Call me crazy (my wife does all the time) but I think they are some of the best looking and elegant cars made.  There is an sentimental attachment as some family friends had a pair of big body Cadillacs and one being a pearl white 91 or 92 BDE.  I always loved seeing it and have a few fond memories of riding in it to get Braum's Ice Cream.  I am well aware of the short comings they offer compared to more modern cars but I am still awe struck every time I see a clean one which is very rare these days.  Luckily they can still be found for reasonable prices but values are ticking up a little each year so maybe I will have one sooner than later.  Below is a picture of a beautiful BDE from the Matt Garrett GM collection.

That is my story, what is yours?

A few friends of my brother have Cadillac's, one from the 60's with a big block, and one from the 70's also with a big block, and off course everything electric, those things are a dream to drive ! Both his friends and my friends drive American cars, if everybody is together here we could start a museum LOL. We really don't care what people think, those cars from that era where just the best in luxury and comfort, plus we keep those cars alive, instead of a museum of rotting away.

Yesterday my brother just got a Buick Elektra from the 70s.. big block again. Really nice car. Replacement car for his 73 Caprice.

20sx1jd.jpg

Edited by bartsscooterservice
  • Like 1