IGNORED

ZCON 2015 Hookup

I'll take a look at the Stax later tonight. Thanks for the link. Here's some stuff I found while poking around on-line:

100 things to do in Memphis:

http://www.ilovememphisblog.com/2012/05/100-places-to-go-in-memphis/

And 100 things to eat in Memphis:

http://www.ilovememphisblog.com/2012/05/100-things-to-eat-in-memphis/

And apparently you should know how to finish the sentence: "Get dope out your vein…"

We have to go to Beale Street, maybe Saturday night?  BB King's club is there and my t-shirt is long gone.  Why do girls take my t-shirts?

We have to go to Beale Street, maybe Saturday night?  BB King's club is there and my t-shirt is long gone.

Yeah, Beale Street is on my agenda as well. You're not going to walk around shirtless the whole time we're there, are you?

And about dope in you vein... I already knew the answer. It was a test was for you!  :D

So is all this chatter considered a derail of the original thread intent? I'm hoping not...

Yeah, Beale Street is on my agenda as well. You're not going to walk around shirtless the whole time we're there, are you?

And about dope in you vein... I already knew the answer. It was a test was for you!  :D

So is all this chatter considered a derail of the original thread intent? I'm hoping not...

Test google.com?  ROFL

I have one shirt with a collar and a couple of buttons, I'll bring it so you won't be embarrassed, I usually wear tank tops.  :P

Derail a thread?  This group?   :P

For all of you thinking of various outings, here's a link to the current events schedule:

http://zccazconvention.com/conventions/2015/?page_id=12

And yes - I just derailed my own thread!!!

Still no takers on using Zello or an alternative approach?

Thanks Jim for indulging us (me?). I think it's a good idea to discuss things to do and places to meet up while we're there and I've been wanting to get into some of this stuff for a while and just haven't. If you think we should start a new thread for that kind of stuff, just say the word and I'll get on that.

In the meantime... Since I'm a Yankee, I'm thinking it might be important to at least familiarize myself with some of the local customs and idiosyncrasies. Just so I don't stand out quite as stark. And as part of that endeavor, I turned up the following:

You're so Memphis If:  >> http://www.ilovememphisblog.com/2011/12/youre-so-memphis-if/

A lof of them are portable to other places, but some of them are very specific and I'm assuming very local. Here's some of my favorites. I have already looked into the story behind some of them, but I haven't researched them all (yet):

– When you're 1500 miles away and you still use "Dave Brown" as shorthand for "the weatherman".
– You know that the Ford dynasty is not a new model of American car.
– You've lived here your whole life and have never seen Graceland in person.
– You can finish this sentence: "Get the dope out your veins…"
– You hear the number "201" in any context and cringe.
– Getting an email from Prince Mongo makes your month.
– If you say "might could" or "might should".
– If you've ever called JAM-JAM1. Bonus points if you referred to the time zone in Memphis as "Capt. D's Time."

I am planning on making it to ZCON. SWMBO has asked if it would make me sad to see all those Z's; I said it might motivate me. She said "by all means go!" So we are planning on being there Friday & Saturday. I still need to make reservations. I have been wondering how to meet up with people and how to connect usernames to real names and faces. I have the smart phone but know nothing about the App Jim recommended...

You guys are a hoot. Hope I get to meet you all

Madkaw, One of the things that I plan to check out while there is "The Shrine to the Gods of Keepin' 'Em on the Rail"

http://www.ilovememphisblog.com/2012/04/shrine-to-the-rail/

You're a train guy, right? I'd be happy to have some company for the excursion. I'm not sure how much real train content there is as part of the sculpture/art, but I'd like to see it.

HAHA! Well I also thought it was Frank Zappa, so who knows!

Charles and Steve, I'll send you guys a message so we can swap contact info.

You guys could stop off at Jackson, Tn to visit the Casey Jones museum, since your into railroads. It's rioht on I40, about 90 miles from Memphis.