IGNORED

Calling it. Parting out a series 1.

Grant83

I don't take this lightly but my car is toast. When the toe hook pulled out of the frame rail I should have walked away. That was 3 years ago and it's been rotting outside since. The frame rails are gone the floors are gone, the fenders were fiberglass decades ago, the door jambs and sills are gone. I started taking the interior apart to find the passenger wheel well seam ready to fail. The only decent things left are a few of the interior parts and dash assembly. The engine is frozen but the car was sitting mostly intact until yesterday. She's going to donate to my 72 project and if anyone needs an rare part let me know. I'll probably post parts to auction to help fund the build.

Did the powered antenna continue past the series one? Just a cool part I pulled yesterday.

Guys I have the whole car pretty much so it's only a matter of condition. I'll just work my way down the list starting with Blue. I look forward to meeting everyone and helping get as much benefit from a rust belt death as possible. I have emblems and the antenna, the rad support I'd wager there are nicer from the western States. I'll take a close look today but most of the sheet metal is toast.

I'll PM whomever leaves a want in this post and work in first come order. I look forward to meeting other enthusiasts. Maybe I'll get a ride out of all this. It's been a couple year project and I've still never even ridden in a 240z unless you count vroom noises while sitting in a pile of parts. I am hoping to get the 72 started this summer. Taking apart the 1970 is greatly accelerating my learning curve. If anyone swings through fort wayne look me up.

There's a guy on zcar.com who wrecked his old Z and his seat belts snapped.  Busted up his nose on the steering wheel.

Seat belt replacement should really be a topic of discussion.  The material degrades in the sun with little visible sign that it's weakened.