IGNORED

Internet Expertise Exemplified By A Conversation About Zinc

Zed Head

Rather than fill grannyknot's thread with more stuff, I figured I'd just reply here to patcon's comment.

Just not a fan of people who defend their positions too zealously with little but the internet to support it.

From here, #35 -  http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/51243-cam-wear/page-2

I have appreciated chickenman's posts. I suspect he has some experience to offer. Zed that is very dismissive unless you two have met in person...

C

You have to go back to posts 16 and 17, two pages from Chickenman of links pulled from the internet with commentary, then read my reasonable post 18, then Chickenman's dismissive tone in post 19, to see how it starts......

Deleted some stuff....

Still... tuning out the bad vibes..

Edited by Zed Head

Zed,

I didn't find his response in post #19 as being dismissive. That is one of the short comings of forums and texting. The emotion is hard to convey and is generally added by the recipient. It didn't come across as harsh to me but could be read that way by you. My point was to encourage all involved to extend some grace that the way we might receive something is not always the way it is intended. I also understand that many of the ZDDP links on the internet have their own agenda which makes their conclusions questionable but not necessarily false. I don't know if there is really any unbiased study anywhere as the money that pays for the study tends to bias the study. As always I appreciate your info on the forum and willingness to help those who bring problems in. Have a good day...

Charles

We are all experienced enough to know that arguing on-line is a waste of time and usually makes us all look foolish... been there done that sadly.

I think the best way to help others is to post accurate data based on scientific methods or many statistical observations when possible.

If one has data to refute something just post it and be done with it.

Try to add rather than take away. Let the readers of the future take what they want.

We have nothing to prove.

Live long and drive Z's

Mr. Spock

Edited by Blue
  • Like 4

We are all experienced enough to know that arguing on-line is a waste of time and usually makes us all look foolish... been there done that sadly.

I think the best way to help others is to post accurate data based on scientific methods or many statistical observations when possible.

If one has data to refute something just post it and be done with it.

Try to add rather than take away. Let the readers of the future take what they want.

We have nothing to prove.

Live long and drive Z's

Mr. Spock

Well said, Blue!!

You are a gentleman who, 'walks the talk'.

Thank you for your wisdom, kindness and guidance.

Cheers,

George

• Like 1