IGNORED

Quick Jerk When Letting Off Of The Excelerator Pedal

280ZJP

Car runs great, except for one little quirk.  While driving at highway speeds, 60-70mph, if I let off the excelerator there is a quick jerk that scares the heck out of the passenger.  (I know I'm letting my foot off the gas, but the passenger doesn't)  I was told the problem may be in the drive train so had that all gone thru - twice - and still no dice.  Problem still exists.  Also checked the vaccum advance and it made no difference.  Anyone else having this type of problem? 

• 2 weeks later...

jerk backward.  about 2000 rpm?, stock EFI, all parts intact. 

2,000 RPM sounds too low for 60 or 70 MPH. Double check that RPM. If it's anywhere near 2,800 RPM ( + or - 200 RPM ) it could be just the Fuel cut...which is perfectly normal. How bad is the jerk? Unless it's really big, best solution may be to find another passenger who's less " nervous "... LOL

Seriously, could also be the BCDD as previously mentioned.