IGNORED

Rev Limiter

Chickenman

There are no rev limiters in our primitive systems!  You wouldn't want one built into the ignition, as you'd end up blowing raw fuel out the exhaust, which of course can detonate.  Our ECUs are pretty simple: Every rotation (3 sparks), a dose of fuel gets delivered according to the input of the various sensors.

Thanks FW. I wasn't sure about the Factory system.

But modern rev limiters are far beyond the old style MSD Analog 6AL bang and stutter systems that use random cylinder cuts. Random cylinder cuts can cut out a cylinder for two or even three ignition cycles in a row. That is really hard on an engine.

Most Digital systems, including the Crane, have very sophisticated Algorithm programs that sequentially cut cylinders on an non-repeating cycles. These control RPM's VERY accurately and are so easy on the engine ( " Soft Cut " ) it is hard to even feel the limiter working. There is no banging, stuttering or popping and the cylinders do not load up with fuel. A Crane Hi-6 ( CD box ) can hold a 1,200 HP Pro-Stock to within 10 RPM at Pre-stage  I've been using the Crane boxes since 1998 on race cars and their systems were all Digital even back then. They really made MSD step up their game.

And no.. I don't work for Crane or have any business relationship with them... LOL.  Just  a very satisfied customer thumbs_up.gif   They really are very nice pieces of kit.

Edited by Chickenman