IGNORED

Suspension Redo!

Yeah Zedy, they are longer, but don't be surprised when they compress to a much smaller length. I found mine actually seemed to have the upper coils touching each other. As you may notice from my sig. I went back to the original springs. Two reasons: 1) I got tired of scraping things like speed bumps, and 2) the ride, while a bit softer than tokicos was still too harsh for my old butt. The car still drives great, though. Good luck with your spring exchange.

Cheers, Mike

New shocks are WORLDS stiffer. I am not sure I can even press them down  Such a difference damping these will provide. I cannot wait to see who they feel.  I will provide pics of my springs. the difference is staggering.

And since I have NEVER seen a direct tokico / eibach spring comparison.. here she is!

17020177832_64559d85b0_b.jpg

My biggest issue is determining which is front and which is back. I am going to run the part numbers just to be sure.

UPDATE: After some research it seems that the fronts are the parts ending in the 1

Therefore the front springs are the longer ones:  6305.001

Then the shorter springs are the rear ones: 6305.202

What everything I have found, this should be the ticket.  

Guy can you confirm?

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

New shocks are WORLDS stiffer. I am not sure I can even press them down  Such a difference damping these will provide. I cannot wait to see who they feel.

At the risk of being pedantic...

Just because you can't press the shock down by hand doesn't really mean it'll be stiffer in application. Most of what you're doing by pressing it down on the bench is fighting the internal gas charge. You might not even be collapsing it quickly enough to get a real sense of the hydraulic valve damping. It's not the gas charge that does the damping, it's the oil.

I'm no suspension guy, but it sounds like you're equating a high amount of gas pressure with a high amount of damping function, and I don't think you can legally do that.

I have been dealing with a ride height issue for some time now and I just installed the I just installed Eibach's springs Tokicos HP Blues last weekend (well I had someone else install them). More to come on this later...

My 240Z is a complete is a complete nut and bolt restoration.  All stock no mods.  The entire suspension is brand new, and I mean everything. But when the suspension was assembled the first time I had them put the original springs back in hoping to maintain the stock ride height.  The first struts I installed at the time were KYB's.  After everything settled I found that the rear was sagging and also lifting the front of the car up at the same time.  I figured I made a mistake by putting in the tired 45 year old springs.

Fast forward to last week.  I had my springs and struts replaced with the Eibach and Tokicos.  First I must say that the ride is so much better than my original springs and KYB's.  It's like night and day.  Soft for every day driving but quickly tighten up when you give it throttle or dive in to a corner.  My problem now is the car still sags in the rear.  It's better than it was but still noticeable.  I don't know what to do now because everything that can be replaced has been replaced.  My only thought is that maybe the upper strut spacers were never installed originally because the original rubber spacers were bonded to the inside of the upper insulators) (FYI fronts have bearings instead of spacers).  I know I purchased poly replacement spacers from MSA but there's a possibility they were never installed.  The only way to find out is to drop the suspension again and remove the insulator from the spring assembly.

​So that's where I'm at.  I was going to take pictures tomorrow of how she sits.  If I stop hard when I park it levels out a little more but I don't want to keep doing that.  It's embarrassing.

If the spacers are in fact in there I may just swap the rear insulators out for the 280Z version which are 3/4"-1" taller.

​Sorry for the lengthy post.  I'm interested to see how everything works out for you.  And yes, 1's in front and 2's in the rear and they should be installed with the text on the spring facing up like normal.  For the HP struts it's the same thing except 3's and 5's I think.  Smaller number goes in front.

Matt