IGNORED

Power To The Heater Controls

Zwizzzard

Putting the 71 heater stuff back in the car.  Added a new modern fuse block to eliminate some power woes.  With the new block in and hooked up, the a/c fuse has no power with the key off or on.  Is this the same circuit that runs the heater controls?  Bench tested the blower motor but with the harness in the car I can't turn on the blower motor.  All the heater stuff was bypassed when I bought the car so i'm kind of working from scratch. Any idea's?

Sounds like you need to start tracing wires ftom the A/C control switch and the fan switch on the center panel to their power source. Do you have a wiring diagram? Start with a visual check to see if all the connection points are connected and them check for continuity between the fuse box and the switches. The fan control switch isn't too complicated, be sure to check the condition of the plug. You never know what's been pulled apart, bent, or broken by a previous owner..

Dennis

can't check continuity to fuse block because ac fuse has no power coming out.  It is not hot in the fuse block.Plug on switch looks really good.  Just no power in the heater harness.there is a red line that connects to the blue line in the dash with an inline fuse.  guessing that is where the power is supposed to come from? It's dead too..

Our team runs the Pirelli World Challenge schedule. Just got back from COTA in texas this week.  I drive the race car hauler.  I work for GT sport racing.  We are looking at getting a vintage car though.  That would get us to some different venues.  

So, according to the schedule, you'll be at Barber on the weekend of The Mitty. You should see if your travels can allow you to meet some of the Z guys in the area. I think Geezer & Grannyknot are in Ontario, and I think Black Gold Man is in the Detroit area. Siteunseen is about an hour from Barber. The list of members could be lengthy. 

Announce your travels on the website. It could be a good way of getting in your Z fix. :)

Speaking of announcing travels.... I'll be at the Mitty on Friday. Headed to Atlanta Motor Speedway to track the Audi on Sat. Who knows by Sunday if my wife will let me drive anywhere.

Zwizzard, I've got a voltmeter and lots of electrical tape if that helps.