IGNORED

Got Bored So....

rcb280z

I had the day off today so I decided to remove the valve cover and check valve lash and what ever else came to mind. Lash was off on #6 intake only. I adjusted valve lash in January so all is still good. 

Decided to look at my timing chain and cam sproketpost-20387-0-55267300-1426125348_thumb.j

Then I checked plugspost-20387-0-34010700-1426125480_thumb.j

Taken with flash made them look too leanpost-20387-0-64713500-1426125554_thumb.j

Then checked cam timingpost-20387-0-44682700-1426125771_thumb.j

And then looked at cam lobes. They look good.post-20387-0-72066900-1426125837_thumb.jpost-20387-0-21586800-1426125862_thumb.j

Everything seems to look ok, what do you think?

Ok too weird, pictures posted upside down. Why? They were right as I attached them.

Edited by rcb280z

Thats music to my ears ZedHead!

I wish I could figure out how to get more power and get away with it here in CA. Any ideas? I'm all ears. I have to be able to pass with a max 0.5 CO reading (period) and a HC reading of 300 IIRC.

Wish I didn't have to do a head gasket. At least I can put that off for a few months. 

Remove the radiator cap then drive a GTR under it and replace.  :D

Your pictures look great to my eyes.

I put a header and a 2.5" exhaust, port matched the manifolds when I rebuilt mine.  Nothing but louder.  I think a good running fuel injection motor is about all it can be.  A turbo motor is all I can think of.

1. turbo

2. overbore

3. stroke

4. head and cam

That will change CR, raise CO's & HC's = emissions fail.

Best ignition you can provide. Play with timing curves. Maybe advance the cam #3 hole see what it does. Tune , tune.

411 gears!

Turbo!

Timing might be the best because I can easily adjust back to stock for emissions testing.

411 gears would be a blast I'm sure.

Remove the radiator cap then drive a GTR under it and replace.  :D

Your pictures look great to my eyes.

I put a header and a 2.5" exhaust, port matched the manifolds when I rebuilt mine.  Nothing but louder.  I think a good running fuel injection motor is about all it can be.  A turbo motor is all I can think of.

Too funny. I would love to drive one of those just once. I have the header and 2.5 exhaust and all I noticed was an increase in noise. Turbo motor would be nice but are getting hard to find complete.

All really good ideas. 

Edited by rcb280z

I am wondering if a reverse turbo set up would be the way to go..... a bypass that keeps the mild turbo out during low rpms but closes at high rpms. This way you can have a torquey high compression motor that goes crazy with the mild boost of extra air when you get on the gas pedal. Keep the nice low end torque but lots of power when you need it.

Edited by Blue