IGNORED

Factory Radio - Stereo Or Mono?

ericjump

My 1971 240 only has one speaker in the left rear, the same mounting holes are on the right side but no speaker, also on the left there are wires in the wiring harness, none on the right. The knob behind the on/off volume knob seems to be balance. The previous owner had installed 4 speakers (2 on kick plates and 2 behind seats). I'm trying to get back to original. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance.

One speaker for the stock AM mono radio. The first mod I made after buying mine in 1971 was to replace the radio with an AM/FM stereo aftermarket unit and add a second speaker on the right, behind the existing speaker holes. Had a little issue with mounting the power antenna rocker switch, but all worked out.

Dennis

I'm guessing that if it had four speakers, it's stereo. You have the button that goes from side to side above the radio rather than the vertical antenna rocker switch to the right of the radio? My Z was built 4/71.

Dennis

OK, thanks for the input, I am assuming that my 2/1971 240 was mono, I found a original bracket and am installing the second speaker on the right side in the same spot as the one on the left and wiring it to the left speaker, I'll let you know how it comes out.