IGNORED

Help Identify Some Wiring On An Early 260Z

Will Thammavongsa

You might have already track it down, but if not here is a copy of the 260Z wiring diagram. It shows all the connectors and the wire colors are displayed so you can track down your connector that way. I think your connector will be in the top left hand corner of the diagram.

This diagram came from http://www.xenonzcar.com/ if I recall correctly. It was more than 25MB when I downloaded it so I compressed it (basically removed all backward compatability) so you will need Adobe reader 9 or later. There is no loss is quality.

Goodluck

Chas

1974 Manual Electrical Diagram1.pdf

just compared your pics to my 74.

the second photo looks like the ignition reset switch, but with the red button broken off. it has a round connector to the harness.

if your car had a/c there would be a second round connector to the a/c compressor relay.

what's missing from your car is the vacuum tank, mounting bracket, check valves, and 2 magnet valves. check the FSM, section AC, page 6 for a diagram.

if i'm reading this correctly:

- the single wire lead connects to the Fast Idle Magnet Valve

- the oval plug connects to the Vacuum Source Magnet Valve

Wow thanks for the quick replies guys. I believe the PO removed ac. On the passenger side loom the PO had spliced into the harness to wire in the starter. He had removed the solenoid on the firewall since the starter came with one on the starter. That is what he had told me.

I'm just trying to get the car into a state where I can identify things that could go wrong in the future and not have to hunt things down the PO did.

I'm just trying to get the car into a state where I can identify things that could go wrong in the future and not have to hunt things down the PO did.

Hahaha!!! So you're going to take the entire car completely apart and go over everything with a fine tooth comb?  :)

time spent now getting the electrical system cleaned up will surely pay dividends later... 

lots of good threads on upgrades to the primary wiring, charging system and swapping fusible links for maxi-fuses as the stock setup is a bit dicey.

also a good time to look at adding relays to take load off the steering column combi-switch - a common source of problems as well.