IGNORED

240Z Z Registries (Where To Find) And Post Your Vin As Title

240260280z

I decided to make a post to help owners find the Z registries on-line

Here is a page on Carl Beck's excellent Z Home site and his work that long ago has done what I wanted to do here.... LOL nothing new under the sun and Carl is a star!

Carl Beck's Z Registry Links

Here is the last recovered version of the on-line Excel based Z Car Registry that is now gone. The data is in the way back machine:

Defunct Z Car Registry on Wayback Machine

Jan 2013 snapshot

I took the liberty of converting the early 240z part of the Z Car Registry to pdf and to XLS format. 

Z Car Registry Nov 2013 as a PDF

Z Car Registry Nov 2013 as an XLS

Z Car Registry Jan 2013 as an XLS

Z Car Registry Jan 2013 as a PDF

If you have a car that is not in these files and want it added, just post to this thread and I'll find some time to update the files.

It would be nice if everyone posts a reply to this thread with the VIN as the title and photo's info on their car.

Z Registry.pdf

Z Registry.zip

zreg 01 2013.zip

zreg 01 2013.pdf

• Like 1

Gee, 260 and 280 Zs are not worth registering?

I am not saying that.  I just wanted to do the 240z's in this thread and undertake some grooming as this thread may explode with content over the years.  It is better to partition from the start.  

I welcome you, or anyone,  to do the same for 260z  and for 280z  and 280zx in three different threads!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but, the above databases ( .pdf and .xls) appear to have been corrupted.

Many of the entries I checked of persons whose cars are well known do not jive. (IE: Jim Frederick, who owns several various year 240Z cars, early and late, is listed as owning only 1971  cars, 26thZ (Chris Wenzel) is listed as owning  Z car  HLS30-03177 and I am fairly certain that he is no longer enlisted in the Navy and stationed in Yokohama, --Mike B. (Mike Brame)- while having several very early cars- is listed as owning only 1972  cars. My own ancient outdated entry is not correct in this database, but does appear correctly in the Z Home registry)

A check of the original Z Home entries is as it has always appeared.

I applaud the attempt and intend to post here the cars I have, per Blue and yakhopper's example above, but it will take a while for me to get it done.

It would really be great if the original databases were updated to reflect current ownership but it may prove to be very difficult to get accomplished.

This might thread might become the catalyst for a good start!

As Carl would close "FWIW"!

Jim D.

"Zup"

Exactly!

Yes the Z Car Registry data bases were open to the public and corrupted thus the link above and the two files that contain the same info have corrupted data... however, some data is better than none thus the spirit of making this thread and improving things.

It is a good starting point for some research too. For example I just saw a friends '72 car with L24 engine #005083 and I was wondering what months it would have been used in, turns out it would have been  late Q1 1970 which I got from the corrupt wayback machine data.

• 2 weeks later...