IGNORED

Better Than New 240Z Taillight Trim

Randalla

That's funny. LOL I had a 50' Chevy that was the same Green and had about the same amount of rust. I used it to go to the dump. It only had three shocks and one was bailing wire and blew so much oil that a car following you thought you had released an oil slick. Passed the truck on, I hope it got finished.

I forgot to mention what makes them better than new. The factory used a plating process called vacuume metalizing which tends to fade, is not corrosion resistant and deterioates quickly when exposed to the elements. The process used on the taillight bars I reproduced is called electroplating, which produces a superior finish and is durable enough to stand the test of time. Bottom line is these are brighter and more durable than the original factory parts, in addition to being accurate to the last detail.

Randy,

"Accurate to the last detail" is a bit of a stretch unless you elongated the length of the center post subsequent to the pair you sold to me.

Cheers,

George

Randy,

"Accurate to the last detail" is a bit of a stretch unless you elongated the length of the center post subsequent to the pair you sold to me.

Cheers,

George

George did this present any issues? Are you happy with them?

A little patina on a Z is nice , shiny stuff not so nice on a semi classic.

In the beginning I tried really hard to preserve the patina on my car (HS30 00150) but I found it was too difficult to do that if I was to repair it properly...

IMG_20131221_154525.jpg

IMG_20131219_171831.jpg

I've already started polishing the tail lights up, so it makes sense to go with new chrome trims also.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,16057.0.html

George did this present any issues? Are you happy with them?

Hi,

YES and YES ......and YES

YES: Please visit my post (with multiple pictures) documenting the tail light refurbishment project. As you will readily observe, I had to silicone the center post hole due to the inadequate post length. As such, there is no mechanical retention relative to that of a properly anchored post.

YES: The esthetics continue to be pleasing. That said, my Z is living the life of a Royal coach; used selectively on fine summer days and hibernating in warmth throughout our long cold winters.

YES: Fact is, the seller reneged on his commitment to me.....YES, sour grapes......buyer beware!! 

Cheers,

George

I've sold over 100 sets of 240Z chrome taillight bars and have received nothing but accolades. The only complaint I've received to date was from George, who posted here previously. Since he was unhappy, I offered to refund the full price, after receiving his back. If you're considering buying a pair, I'd be happy to provide references verifying the quality of the parts I reproduced. I won't name names here, but suffice it to say, many sets have been sold to Z enthusiasts well known on this site (maybe some of them will weigh in). One person in particular purchased 10 sets.

I agree with George that the center post is shorter than the OEM part, so in that sense it's not 100% accurate. Unfortunately, I learned this after my parts were completed. For those that don't know, there are three mounting posts on each taillight bar. The two posts on each end are more than sufficient to secure the bars in place. I wont be re-producing any more sets with longer center posts.

My offer still stands to you, George. If you think you can source better parts, I'll happily refund your money when I've received my parts back.   

Edited by Randalla

Thanks Randy,

Can you confirm the center stalk is long enough to get the retainer / push ring onto? I agree the outer 2 should be enough to attach the trim to the lens, what is probably the bigger issue is that the longer center pin is used to help hold the lens and housing together, in the event that the glue fails (for whatever reason that might be).

If it's not long enough I'll need to come up with another solution, perhaps some kind of plastic glue or adhesive would be suitable to extend the middle pin?