IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Cleaned up the engine bay, mocked up an extension piece to add two O2 sensors, a cockpit fuel pressure, tranny oil temp and a dual EGT gauge. Cleaned and painted the diff carrier, Took out the accusump and flushed it and the lines. Started building adjustable pedal pads. Unpacked the R180 115mm Quaife (and looked at it warmly).

• Like 1

Swore at it for two hours trying to get the rear brake line to seal at the MC, even leaked with a brand new line... re-bled. Swore some more at Eden's decision to place his rear Wilwood calipers horizontally, requiring them to be removed to be bled... palm-face.

Installed new K&N in stock air cleaner. Seems like a disastrous fit. Slouches down in the air box so who knows if its sealing at all. More stuff to throw in the trash! Also, need shorter bleeder screws for the new 15/16" MC as to not require removal to install air cleaner.... are you f-ing kidding me? Eden? There really seems to be nothing 'good' for an air cleaner solution, that I can find.

Went for a drive to see if I could get the car running half-arse. Advanced and leaned out a little. Has no issue breaking loose in 2nd gear, but there is a charging issue somewhere because the car wouldn't turn over when I stopped for a coffee... borrowed a booster pack and drove home. Ammeter is full deflection to the right?! Headlights/wipers seem to make no difference.

Car has bizarre behavioral issues accelerating. Same as before this rebello went in. Suspecting electrical gremlins of whom I really don't want to look for. :(

Enjoyed the steamy windshield and psychedelic smoke machine which must be a leaking heater core....

It really just never, ever ends, not even for a moment!

That said going sideways seems to make everything better for a moment.

• Like 1

Rebello Racing does custom grinds as well............just an FYI

Delta does a beautiful job.....$3.00 each and back in 10 days.....always. If someone can beat that I'd be surprised. Make sure you inspect the rockers you send to insure they're in good shape. Hope you're surviving the winter Mitchell.

Rebello Racing does custom grinds as well............just an FYI

I work at a restaurant that I don't own.  LOL

Aee, that sounds bad.  Rebello is top shelf, I haven't got to that level yet, I'm still drinking the stuff under the bar.  They'd talk me into sending the whole head.  Maybe someday I'll own the restaurant. 

Delta does a beautiful job.....$3.00 each and back in 10 days.....always. If someone can beat that I'd be surprised. Make sure you inspect the rockers you send to insure they're in good shape. Hope you're surviving the winter Mitchell.

That's what I did, thanks to your thread.  The lightest weighed 74.5 grams, heaviest was 78.25.  Now they all weigh 74.5.  Took the block look off the lash pad end, looks more like a ramp now.

• Mike locked this topic