IGNORED

Front Cover/dizzy Hold-Down

CEgg11

The website sent me an email confirming the order, but didn't charge my card yet. They showed having one for the ZX and one for the Z, so I'll keep an eye out, and if it doesn't charge soon, I'll let you know. I live in Cumming, closer to Canton.

So I got the part from Z Source, and it doesn't match the ZX distributor. Neither does the one that is on my block, and the two mounting blocks aren't alike to each other. Besides returning the block, is there a 3rd option I need to know about? The distributor is marked d6k81-01 and 22100p9100

Got a camera?  You haven't shown what you had, or what you bought, or even given the part number and link to what you bought.  You might be talking about something entirely different.

Blue showed the two Z car styles, with pictures, in the ZX distributor swap writeup on the atlanticz site.  Post #2 above.  I think that there may be other designs from the L4's used in various Datsuns, and the L24E used in the Maxima's.

The one on the right is the ZX one you need.  Blue's Tech Tip picture.

1.jpg

I have the one on the right, but the hold down screw for the distributor doesn't line up with the mount. It is further "in" by about 1/4 inch. I can drill another hole, but if the correct one is out there, I'd like it.

• 2 months later...