IGNORED

Front Cover/dizzy Hold-Down

CEgg11

Hi all.

I bought a L28 motor from the late great John Williams, and I am getting ready to install it, but I decided to do all those upgrades that I would want to do later, while it is still on the stand. I bought a ZX distributor yesterday, but when I went to install it, I didn't see any way to secure it to the front cover. Are all front covers the same on the L-series? I will take pics tonight and add them, but I had a dead moment at work to get the ball rolling.

I'd rather sound like an idiot and get the problem solved than keep my pride and never find the answer.

Curtis

L28/E31

I'm in Northeast Alabama, Etowah County, 2 hours from the ATL either way.  I-20 or 411 to I-75, better scenery on 411 to Cartersville.

That ZX swap really woke my 240 up, the points were all screwed up and I know nothing about setting points.  I bought a Crane PS 20 coil from amazon.com, the ZX dizzy needs the ZX coil and that Crane has the 1.5 OHMS, same as the ZX coil.  Very happy with my set up.