IGNORED

Front Strut Assembly Question

240ZRamona

I'm a newbie, so please forgive me for a stupid question. I've been looking all around for an answer to this but I can't seem to find it, and possibly because I'm not calling it the correct thing. I just purchased a 72 240z last week and I'm going to replace the shocks and springs and do some suspension/ brake work. When I pulled off the drivers front rotor, I noticed the (spindle?) is chewed. I'll provide a photo of what I'm talking about. I've only ever heard it called a spindle, but I can't find it anywhere. Is only apart of the whole strut/ knee assembly or can I get it seperate?

post-29864-0-90158600-1418575629_thumb.j

It is a spindle. I didn't see any on ebay right now. You could buy it from ZCarSource.com, some other used parts place, or post on Facebook in Datsun parts & needs or 240Z 260Z 280Z lovers.

Just be sure you get one for a 240Z or early 260Z.

• Like 1