IGNORED

Affordable Horn Pads Are Available Now!

esprist

Now we have affordable horn pad from Japan for 240Z cars now!

We have JDM "Fairlady Z" type and "Datsun" type. (Die cast crest as original)

http://jdm-car-parts.com/search?q=horn+pad&submit=

They are also available at Motorsport Auto!

Some private parts suppliers in US and Japan sell replacement ring for repair, but the fact is that form inside the horn is usually too old and falls apart when you mount or remove it off the steering wheel even after replacing the inner ring. 

• Like 1

esprist,

The early Fairlady Z horn pads didn't have the horn symbol, just the Z.  Do you know when the horn symbol was added?

Mike,

If esprist doesn't mind, I think I can answer this.

Page 11 in Nissan Service Shuho Z-6 (dated September 1973) notifies the addition of the 'Rappa' (trumpet/horn) symbol on the steering wheel pad, in compliance with new safety legislation. It applies to chassis number S30-108001 and up.

Attached scan:

esprist,

The early Fairlady Z horn pads didn't have the horn symbol, just the Z.  Do you know when the horn symbol was added?

Mike,

Page 11 in Nissan Service Shuho Z-6 (dated September 1973) notifies the addition of the 'Rappa' (trumpet/horn) symbol on the steering wheel pad, in compliance with new safety legislation. It applies to chassis number S30-108001 and up.

Attached scan:

post-1359-0-72885600-1418727003_thumb.jp

Mike,

Attached scan:

Thanks Alan, that's what I was looking for.  I know you mentioned to me previously about the difference between the blue and red Z's, but I don't recall hearing when the trumpet/horn symbol was added.  Interesting that there is apparently no reproduction of the early JDM horn pads yet.  Fortunately my original early horn pad is in good shape.

-Mike