IGNORED

Is The 280Z Fuel Injected

Mjohnson5513

If the cold start valve system is actually working (7th injector mounted on the intake), the motor is in tune, and the charging system / battery is up to snuff, it should start.  If the AAR is working properly, it should idle without your foot on the gas pedal.

From my past trips to Chicago in the winter, it gets very cold there.

If you browse around the site you'll see that many Z's that are sold to new owners have not been well-maintained.  I would drive my 76 280Z in the cold winter of Chicago, but I've got it back in to good shape.  There's no way to know what you're dealing with until you have it in your possession.  The EFI systems are definitely designed to handle cold weather though, with cold start enrichment and temperature compensation from the computer and the extra gas from the CSV during starting.

Handling is a different issue.  If you've only driven front wheel-drive cars, rear wheel-drive can surprise you and get you sideways, especially quickly with a small car like the Z.  Besides the fact that it only takes a small bump from one of today's common SUV's to do significant damage to a Z.  You might drive fine but the other guy is going to crush your car.