IGNORED

Lets See The Concensus On This S30

Z fan

That's going to be a tough sell.  Custom cars are great for the person makes the design choices, but others might not like the mods.  That's why collector cars always bring more money when they are either bone stock or stock with only bolt-on mods such as wheels and suspension upgrades.

It does nothing for me personally.  I wish the seller luck though.  I hope he gets what he wants for the car.

Very polarizing car, done to a very specific taste.  Not my thing at all, but to each his own.  

I feel like the paint job seemed like a good idea in theory, but doesn't quite work in practice.  Something about that car makes me worry that the buyer will find a lot of "gremlins" in it.  

I also have to question the outlandish HP claims, and seeing nitrous is always a red flag to me when I am looking to buy a car.  

Maybe some 18 year old with lots of money will buy it though?  

I don't understand the reason why people install such audio systems?  

Given the noise levels in a moving car , the terrible acoustic surfaces/shapes, and the confined space,  it always seemed like a hopeless effort and waste of money.

Simple explanation:  Loud music.  It's not so much a pursuit of sound quality as much as it is the pursuit of being able to blast your tunes at outrageous volume levels - the sort of levels that your neighbours would call the cops on you for if you did it in your apartment.  

I actually miss having a good car system for this reason.  It can be kind of therapeutic actually...

Too bad my Z is such a sports car, so I'll just have to settle for the scream of that straight six instead :P

Kind of looks like the guy who wrote the eBay copy didn't actually build the car, or oversee the build.  It has a blowthrough turbo with a Holley carb, which he doesn't really describe at all, and he says it had a "frame off restoration".  It was only driven to break the engine in.  The usual exaggerations also.  500 miles on a brand new engine, with a turbo and nitrous, and he's already claiming that it's "just an awesome reliable ride to cruise around in".

Cars like these really need quarter mile times, track times, or dynamometer numbers to show performance, or they might as well just have an empty block with the external shiny parts bolted on.  Who knows who put that engine together.  The first fill of the nitrous bottle might be hilarious.

whoa pick another font on your ebay ad.  Thats like reading old dot matrix.  

That car is a desert cruiser. Tinted glass and a/c. Nitrous for those long straight stretches. I think the blow thru turbo setup would be tempermental in a colder climate. Rather have efi myself.

He claims 500hp and that is going through a 71b transmission out of a 280ZX. If it does hit 500hp, that tranny is not going to like it at all. Nissan chose the T5 for the 280ZX turbo for good reason.

He probably put a lot of time and thought into his project, but its not my taste. Best of luck selling it.

chas

It is currently at $11K with one bid.  There may be another person out there that thinks it is "amazing" besides the current owner and the single bidder but it will be a very tough sell.  It also may not be street legal in some states due to the headlight setup.  Its not my cup of tea either but kudos to the builder as it looks like it was done well.

Ah, didn't pay enough attention to notice that.  I actually thought he was doing quite well to get that much for it though... Must be one of those sellers that genuinely thinks every dollar spent on the car adds up to the value it's worth.