IGNORED

Z Garage Lift

Steve49841

I'm tired of crawling around positioning a floor jack when I need to get the car up in the air so it's time to look at a lift.  My "shop" is a regular 3 car detached garage that doesn't have room for a two post.  At this point I think it's going to come down to some brand of scissors lift and I'm interested in hearing what everyone else is using. 

I have a set of the taller Race Ramps with the detachable ramps. They are very nice to use and don't slip easily with the Z even though I have a painted garage floor. However, if you need to lift your car to do the brakes, I think a scissor lift would be much better.

I bought a Quick-jack BL-3500 from BendPak  http://www.bendpak.com/Shop-Equipment/QuickJack/BL-3500.aspx

I got the 12v versions so I could use it on the race car at the track.  It works well, lifts the car 17" off the ground and it is much more stable than jack stands.  If you will never use the portability of the lift, it comes in a 110v version as well.  

My only complaint is that it is kind of heavy, but that is because it it very well built.

Marty

• Like 1

I'm finding the Bend Pak BL3500 for $1035 shipped at Auto Body Tool Mart this morning, which is an attractive price.  $500 Bucks more buys a cheap scissors lift but I'm finding this style clogs up the middle/underside of the car so I think I've talked myself out of going that route.  The EZ lift looks like a nice piece but at almost twice the money of the Bend Pak it's not that nice.  And I like that the Bend Pak has 3" ground clearance in the down position so my Datsun Roadster race car will roll over it.  Hummm....looks like the BL3500 is leading the race at this point. Thanks for all the input.