IGNORED

Float Valve Test?

siteunseen

Talk with Bruce earlier, he was surprised that a simple valve wasn't working but said they would send me a replacement.  I can only guess the needle is a bit too long for the valve body and the retaining clip is holding it down.  If I pull the pin out about an 1/8th of an inch it opens up and lets air pass through.

This 240 is teaching me something nobody else has ever been able to do, parents, girlfriends, psychiatrist, bosses and friends, PATIENCE.

Medication works well, I must admit. :rolleyes:  

Are you sure that you just aren't able to develop enough pressure to crack the valve open? Been a while since I've been inside one of those buggers, but isn't there a little spring inside keeping it closed or almost closed when static? Thinking that maybe the fuel pump has enough ummph to push the valve open, but your lungs don't?

Maybe the spring is stretched a little too long? Do you have more than one that acts like this, or are they all the same EXCEPT for the one that acts this way?

I bought 2, one works.  There is a small spring inside the plunger/needle then a cap with the pin that contacts the float.  The clip on the top that holds it all together doesn't move enough to let the cap and pin move up letting air or fuel to go through.  I attached the old float chamber to nozzle hose on the threaded end of the valve and couldn't get any air through.  I've got a strong set of lungs, my friends get mad sometimes.  :D

I don't want to shorten the spring or bend the clip.  Z Therapy is sending me a replacement and I'm sending the faulty one back with the nozzle cores

• 3 weeks later...