IGNORED

Vinyl Seat Repair

z boy mn

Hello everyone. I have race seats in my 1971 Datsun, and I like them fine, but they're a bit hard for a daily driver. I do have the original seats, and someone has already recovered them in fact! But, the seat (bottom) portion of the driver's seat has some long tears in it.

Has anyone tried to repair vinyl before? Recommendations for products? The other 3 pieces are in excellent shape...so I hate buying a whole kit for this one piece. It's a daily driver, not a museum piece, so it doesn't have to be perfect. I was thinking of some kind of glue?

Thanks in advance!

Fibre New has been around a while as well

http://www.fibrenew.com/

I have used Fibrenew on a couple of vehicles, not my Zed. The rep in my area did very good work and the repairs stood up well. The first repair was a long crack on the side of the seat on my Grand Prix GTP and the repair still looked good about ten years later when I sold the car.

CanTechZ

Now that's good to hear! Thanks for the personal feedback about Fibrenew. I had another purely local outfit (CRTechniques) do a small dash crack repair 5-6 years ago that was perfect, invisible, and still looks the same, but it wasn't cheap, like $150 or so for a 2" long crack. I brought them the dash too. I'll maybe have a fibrenew guy come look at a couple of others I have in similar shape and see if it makes sense to do the repairs that way rather than attempt the usual Foam/SEM product approach.