IGNORED

Seat Belts?

CDL1542

So here's my dilemma. I have a series one Datsun 240z that was made in 1970. I want to install better seatbelts while keeping the original seats and to the greatest extent possible avoid harnesses. I understand that MSA sells a retractable seat belt but that it requires some modification on an early year car. I'm trying to avoid ruining the Z or taking away from it's classic flare. Does anyone know how much modification must be done to install the MSA set or have any better ideas? Thank you all!

Chris

Hey Chris,

From your slightly younger cousin, check out the Roadster belt at WESCO.  I've got them in my car and very well pleased.  The retractor mounts up at the quarter window in place of the OE shoulder belt with no changes and you want the 11" sleeve for the buckle side.  I can't get the website link to paste so Google Wescoperformance.

Jim

Late to the responses, I will third the Wesco Roadster belts. do a search on installation I needed to use a series of 2 or three large washers or spacers to keep the retracting real part out from the panel at the upper anchoring point. They are a little touchy when trying to pull them out to buckle up, but you get used to that.

I installed the MSA belts and WESCO belts and was not satisfied with either. The problem is they rub uncomfortably on my neck. I am 5'9". I am making my own creation using stock buckle sides and bits an pieces of the other kits. If I cant create a solution, I will go back to stock lap belt and shoulder combo.