IGNORED

My new project: 1970 240Z

The osteopath

Hey everyone!

Just joined the forum last week, and so far it looks like an invaluable resource. You guys have so much info here.

In any case, after a several year search, I finally found the car I was looking for- a relatively low mileage 1970 240Z, with not too many rust issues. My dad had a similar car (his was a '72), and this was the first car I ever cared about.

I'm in the process of sorting out what needs to be done, and it's remarkable how many parts are still available. She runs, strts and stops great, so I'm going to hold off on some of the mechanical things for a while so I can enjoy driving it before I take anything major apart.

Here's where I'm starting out:

post-30894-1415083056317_thumb.jpg

post-30894-14150830563836_thumb.jpg

post-30894-14150830564476_thumb.jpg

Remarkably for a PA car, it's not too rusted out, and all of the original trim pieces are there. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me, but my plan is to take it to stock

Another member here is helping me source steel wheels so I can use original hubcaps (I'm using the Z caps, which I know is technically wrong for the year, but I like the look of them better than the D ones).

I'll keep you posted on my progress- ive allready started getting ahold of the interior pieces, and the cabin should be well on its way in the next couple of weeks. Also remarkably, all of the diamond trim is intact, so that's one job I don't need to do.

Best to all of you!

Andy