IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

Lot's of room up front now. Perfect for an intercooler Chris ;)

Can you imagine trying to go turbo with 6 ITB's :wacko:  There's hardly any room left in the engine bay as it is.  But bmw did twin turbos on this engine when it was in the M1, they got something like 800 bhp out of it.

Very nice work, as always.  

Reckon you might have yourself a little business opportunity with that hood bracket solution you've made there, Chris.  Buy a couple of used brackets, modify them, and sell them on an exchange basis with the necessary shocks and additional brackets for mounting to the frame.  You've done the work figuring it out, so you might as well try and make a few extra bucks off it to further fund your project! :) 

I see a lot pics online of the turbo guys using sticks to hold their hoods up, after they ditched the rods for intercooler space.  

21 minutes ago, RyanT67 said:

Reckon you might have yourself a little business opportunity with that hood bracket solution you've made there, Chris.  Buy a couple of used brackets, modify them, and sell them on an exchange basis with the necessary shocks and additional brackets for mounting to the frame

I'd buy them. How nice that would be to have.

So if your battery fully dies, you will now have to remove your passenger seat to get it out of there, right?

Is that a regular acid filled battery?  If you are doing all of this nice work, you really might as well spend the extra couple hundred bucks for an AGM battery that won't leak.  

22 minutes ago, RyanT67 said:

So if your battery fully dies, you will now have to remove your passenger seat to get it out of there, right?

Is that a regular acid filled battery?  If you are doing all of this nice work, you really might as well spend the extra couple hundred bucks for an AGM battery that won't leak.  

Just slide the seat forward , the battery cover comes off and battery lifts out. I will be getting an AGM  when the car is finished and ready for the road but I needed something the right size that I could use for measurements and power while testing and trouble shooting. It's from walmart, I'll be lucky if I get two years out of it.

ZH, do you think the loose fitting storage lid on top would provide enough air or maybe a dedicated vent out under the car?