IGNORED

Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z

grannyknot

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

For the chimney, I have a parts car that is gonna get cut up anyway. I have a plasma cutter, probably a ten minute job. I took the plates off the parts car, I would get a set off a donor car

ooh, a plasma cutter, I'd love to get one those. Well that really is a 10min job then, yes I will take you up on your offer, thank you.

This is what I found, more complete than yours but would still need a flange all the way around. The other one I thought I had is gone. I don't remember when I cut that section up...<_<

20160812_125715.jpg20160812_125721.jpg20160812_125727.jpg

If shipping were cheaper it might be worth it, but I don't know. Free for shipping if you decide you want it...

Hey I got one of those, thanks for the offer but I will try to fab one up using this one as a template.

DSCN0393.JPGWheee, I wish Charlie Osborne or Baddog would produce a replacement for those plates, I guess there is just not enough call for them. I have a buddy who is trying to start a Blacksmith business, maybe I'll go see what he can come up with.

Here is something I would like to address before the body work is done, I have never liked the idea water pouring down between panels as good drainage. I would like to come up with some way to keep that water in a hose until it drains out underneath the car or maybe redirect that hose by 90 degrees so it empties out through the firewall forward into the wheel well.

DSCN0395.JPG

49 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Hey I got one of those, thanks for the offer but I will try to fab one up using this one as a template.

DSCN0393.JPGWheee, I wish Charlie Osborne or Baddog would produce a replacement for those plates, I guess there is just not enough call for them. I have a buddy who is trying to start a Blacksmith business, maybe I'll go see what he can come up with.

Here is something I would like to address before the body work is done, I have never liked the idea water pouring down between panels as good drainage. I would like to come up with some way to keep that water in a hose until it drains out underneath the car or maybe redirect that hose by 90 degrees so it empties out through the firewall forward into the wheel well.

DSCN0395.JPG

It's been done, and documented with photos... somewhere (where?) on this site :D.

Is that strands of fibreglass I see across a hole at the bottom of the A-pillar?  Yikes!