IGNORED

1983 280zx turbo won't start after shut off

JanciZ

hello, I have a '83 280zx turbo. Me and my mechanic cannot find the cause of my Z to not start after running it. He said I'm losing the negative pulse from the injectors to the ecu but he cannot pin point it. The car wont start after you turn off the engine. It will only start after the engine has cool down for several hours. We already replaced the AFM, new distributor, new ngk wires, new fuel filter. We already checked the ECU and its working fine. Checked all the wirings, fuses, and relays, coolant temperature sensor, and still have the same problem of not starting after a good run when you turn off the engine. Need all your HELP please !!! Thank you.

• 2 years later...

Darn it!  No responses. I am having the

very Same issues. Only, mine sat for 16 years.  Can anyone please help. 

@JanicE, did you ever figure your problem out??

Edited by Kid280
Forgot to ask a question

There are many possibilities & with no information on your car or what you have checked .....

Pin 1 on the ecu receives a trigger signal from the coil negative terminal to fire the injectors.  (important)

The EFI relay must be working to provide power to the system.

The ECCS troubleshooting guide in the FSM for the turbo car is an excellent tool to track down the problem.

The turbo ECU uses Pin 5 I think.  But still, it kind of points to no spark, and that could be due to a bad power transistor.  That's with a the 1981-1983 280ZX turbo cars.  As S30Driver implies though, you might have a completely different car.  Add details.