IGNORED

Hi from Greece...

Hi to everyone!!! :)

Together with my neighbor from Germany, I think it is time to introduce myself :)

My name is George, well it is obvious from the nickname ;) , and i brought here in Greece a nice 240z 1973 and I love it!!! :)

I bought the car from here and when I say here I mean here...from classiczcar forum ;)

It is the following 1973 240z, 1973, $ 4,800.00

The guy who sold me the car is really great!!! He is highly recommended if you see another of his ads... ;)

The car needs some work to be done but I knew all of this before I bought the car. The seller Malibud or Dan which is his name, gave me exact information of the car and I didn't have any bad surprise when I got it :) everything as described ;) thanks again Dan ;)

Well, I haven't done much yet, I just changed the muffler right away :) cause the one it had was awful and now I am occupied with the floors...

More to come soon ;)

Ps.Very happy to be here all these months :)

There are only 3 240z in Greece and one 280z as far as I know... Unfortunately my Z has no AC :( but I have read that it doesn't work so good anyway... May be I buy a universal one after I finish with the things I want to do first...which is make it a reliable car ;) I am working on the floors now, there is some rust on the driver floor, under the battery and frame rail... But I am going on holidays now and I will be back on September...unfortunately it will be a very slow project as my budget is really low... But I am not in a hurry... ;)

Hi George, welcome to the club! It's good to see someone who used the classifieds to buy a car, yet to turn around and become another member! I'm glad to see the community is expanding to Greece, it would be fun to come and see the car and pay a visit one day. Hope you have a great time with the car and don't forget that you can post pictures and questions here anytime you need to. Enjoy.

Mike

Glad you liked the car . It took a while to get there plus a few hiccups that George did not mention like the state of Tenn. miss printing the vin numbers on the title and the customs not letting him have the car but thanks to Tenn. to rectify the situation. Glad to hear it went well. That is the only z that I have ever had that has little or no cabin exhaust fumes. I am still trying to fix mine on my 2 240s. I hope to pay you and the car a visit one day in Greece. As usual if you need any parts from over here let me know..

Dan

Hi George - always good to hear that there are honest people out there selling they cars. If you don't mind sharing - what is the VIN on that Z? {I try to keep track of how many are still in existence.

To tell you the truth - that looks like a very nice Z for $4,800.00 - even with the minor acid/rust problems mentioned. In a very shot time I doubt we'll be able to find any 240Z in that condition for less then $10K. Hope you enjoy it

FWIW,

Carl B.

Malibud, you know my house is open for you and your family ;) you are welcome to come anytime you want!!!

Yes Carl, the car is perfect for the price I got it and Malibud has been very helpful and honest with information about the car ;) I didn't have any bad surprises ;) I need to say that the inspection light switch was broken and he sent me another one by himself with some parts I ordered :) I didn't ask for one, I didn't even know that the inspection light switch was broken... I can't stop thanking you Dan ;)

I asked around about the rust damage and can be fixed, well not fixed but replace metal under the battery and there is a small hole on the front part of driver floor (cause too from battery fluids going down) which also goes to the frame rail which is going to be repaired too, for only €300 ($400)... I think it is a fair price... at least to me who can't fix it myself as many of you do...

Carl, the vin is 124355

thank you all for your welcome ;)

Glad you liked the car . It took a while to get there plus a few hiccups that George did not mention like the state of Tenn. miss printing the vin numbers on the title and the customs not letting him have the car but thanks to Tenn. to rectify the situation. Glad to hear it went well. That is the only z that I have ever had that has little or no cabin exhaust fumes. I am still trying to fix mine on my 2 240s. I hope to pay you and the car a visit one day in Greece. As usual if you need any parts from over here let me know..

Dan

Oh yes, I forgot the problems I had with the customs... I try to delete this memory :) I didn't know if I could have my car or not... It was there and couldn't get it home :(

I will let you know if I need any parts but the car is pretty complete ;)

Ok, I do have plans like a 5speed trans and a subaru lsd diff ;) but these things will take a while dut to my low budget :(

Another thing to mention is that I will not use the Z as a daily driver but as a historic... I will only drive the car once/twice a week just for fun or taking part in organized car clubs events...

Hi George,

nice to read your story here! Welcome!

Yeah, we are kind of "neighbors" ;)

It looks like there is a project ahead of you. Enjoy it!

And if possible, drive the car as often you can. They are built to be driven, those Z!

cheers

Luke

Hey Luke :), by neighbours I meant much closer than our US friends :)

I would love to have my Z as a daily driver and drive it every day but road taxes for 2400cc cost a lot of money and the gas price is also high so the only way that I could own a Z is by declaring it as a historic car. But I can only drive it once or twice a week and not more.But at least I am not paying road taxes.

Oh yes, I have a long and slow project... not much available time and strict budget but I will get there ;)

Edited by George_Zed