IGNORED

My 71 240Z.....

blodi

Introduced myself in the other introductions forum, but just a quick recap.. I picked up this 71 240 from a friend about 4 weeks ago who bought it two years ago. The previous owner to that had the car fully restored and it really is in amazing shape inside and out.

So far, I've done a few little things mechanically (brake booster/tie rod ends/oil change/plugs). I've also done a few cosmetic things....15" Rota RKR's with 205 55 15 Dunlop Direzza's, lowered the suspension and headlight covers.

The car is an automatic, so I picked up a 5 speed wide ratio for it and have gotten all of the other parts already here or on order, so that will be my next big project with it in the next few weeks when I have time. Anyways, a few photos from when I bought it a few weeks ago and from last night....

14517747013_03a77ba481_b.jpgIMG_0050[1] by blodi, on Flickr

Now....

14310587747_1d7e9a1f0a_b.jpgIMG_0241 by blodi, on Flickr

14493664511_113b20bcd3_b.jpgIMG_0239 by blodi, on Flickr

14310446708_2bc4abc73f_b.jpgIMG_0237 by blodi, on Flickr

You can use the actual "year of" plates here on any car 26 years or older. The normal 71 plates were burgundy which I didn't think would look good on an orange car. The half year plates are what I found and used. I actually got them on ebay and they had never been used! They came in their original packaging from the Secretary of State!

• 2 months later...
Howd you go fitting the 15x8 after the car was lowered? Was there any issues with clearance or did you have to roll the fender lips?

They bolted right on and I've had zero issues with any sort of rubbing. Fenders haven't been touched.

It looks great! The color, wheels, and stance are all spot on just as Hazmatt said. One question, what did you do to lower it? I saw your original introduction and you mentioned doing coil overs. Is that what is on it or did you just put on some lowering springs? I hadn't given much thoughts about lowering my '71 but after seeing your pictures it definitely has me thinking about it.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks great! The color, wheels, and stance are all spot on just as Hazmatt said. One question, what did you do to lower it? I saw your original introduction and you mentioned doing coil overs. Is that what is on it or did you just put on some lowering springs? I hadn't given much thoughts about lowering my '71 but after seeing your pictures it definitely has me thinking about it.
Did you use coilovers to lower it?

I actually got the cutter out and chopped the springs for a temporary solution after reading about several others who have done it. . It actually rides/handles pretty good! Certainly not the proper way of doing it. I am planning on coilovers still in the future.

Started on the trans swap by putting in the pedals and master cylinder. Hopefully going to do the rest of the swap this weekend! Can't wait!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...