IGNORED

Camber plates?

Going to be doing a bit of work on my white 77 240k soon. Got all the bits ready for the manual conversion and thought I would do some suspension work while I'm going. Picked up some low king springs a while ago but am thinking I will need to put in camber plates to keep it straight. Front looks to be well aligned at the moment with standard tyres and rims. The rear is running some big negative camber and I will be looking into that at the same time(maybe sagged springs?) but will be leaving the rear height standard if it looks ok once camber is corrected. So my question is regarding camber plates have you guys fitted any and if so which do you recommend. Have seen plenty on ebay but little specifically for 240k. Some universal for Nissan look good but quality and fit? Trying to stick to budget but any help appreciated. I don't drive the car much or very far and never putting it on the track:finger:

Universal Camber Adjustment Plates Nissan Datsun 240Z 260Z 280Z 200sx 240sx | eBay

Mate DATSPORT make them I think as it's a common racing upgrade on 1600/510's to use 240K struts and brakes. My old man has a set in his 1600 using DATSPORT camber tops

But Datsport also want $560 for the pair, as opposed to the $150 these eBay ones will cost with postage. Yamaha Cam I looked into it (admittedly not too hard) and couldn't find any as cheap as those eBay ones previous. Keep this thread updated if you find something.

From what I can see the most important difference between the cheapest and dearest plates is the bush/bearing option. Cheapest is to have a bush to take rotational force from steering, then comes spherical bearing which is better than bush at load life and turning force(better for steering and life of component). Best of all is the thrust bearing which is great for load and steering forces. I have to weigh up my intended use vs cost/quality of components.Kmac also do one for 240k K-MAC Suspension Camber and Caster adjuster kits to suit Datsun

Think for my intended use the spherical bearings will suffice? Ebay option looks ok but my only concern is the height at which my strut top will sit when installed. Could be higher or lower, I will have to have a look and a bit of a guess as it maybe different?