IGNORED

Looking for Cable ties for 280Z engine bay harness

EuroDat

I have been cleaning all the connections and replacing the rubber seals on the connectors in the engine bay harness. A couple of the ties supporting the harness are damaged and unusable.

I have been searching the internet for the original 280Z reusable style cable ties, but they don't seem to be available anymore. They are the ones that secure the harness above the frame rails, both sides of the engine bay.

The parts manual doesn't list any part number for them and they are probably NLA. Maybe they were used on later model Nissans.

post-26512-14150828001122_thumb.jpg

Anyone know if these are still available or maybe some good condition second hand examples?

Thanks

Chas

post-26512-14150827999912_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150828000525_thumb.jpg

Edited by EuroDat

Thanks Zed,

I might try order some different types (Pos 29 & 30) on the list and see what turns up. I have ordered a threw things like this before from Nissan and received a slighly different part from a later model vehicle with a sticker saying "replacing part nr......"

If they look similar I can replace all of them with the new type.

A bigger challenge will be repro the fusable link base. The back one is in excellent condition, but the front one is partial melted. So I want to replace it.

Chas

for the fusible link base you can repair the plastic like they do with 240z

fuseboxes.

Cleaning up the Loogie......what a mess... - Z-Car - Ratsun Forums

Thanks Zed,

I might try order some different types (Pos 29 & 30) on the list and see what turns up. I have ordered a threw things like this before from Nissan and received a slighly different part from a later model vehicle with a sticker saying "replacing part nr......"

If they look similar I can replace all of them with the new type.

A bigger challenge will be repro the fusable link base. The back one is in excellent condition, but the front one is partial melted. So I want to replace it.

Chas

Thanks SteveJ, Ill try Nissan first and see what turns up. A bit of topic ,but the second site has some nice Stainless steel straps for the rear axle boots. I think ill order them. Thanks again for the link.

for the fusible link base you can repair the plastic like they do with 240z

fuseboxes.

Cleaning up the Loogie......what a mess... - Z-Car - Ratsun Forums

Cool repair to the fuse box. That would probably work, but the fusable link require a bit of force getting then in. I wonder if it will hold. Nether seen that stuff here. Im still looking at option here.

The straps in the "Straps , wire harness" Straps, Wire Harness section look like the ones used along the front section, in front of the radiator. They are all worn and brittle from the radiator heat.

Thanks

Edited by EuroDat
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Bringing this old thread back to life...

EuroDat, did you find the correct cable ties for the engine harness? Need to replace all the cable ties in the engine bay after a respray.

8 hours ago, HSL said:

Bringing this old thread back to life...

EuroDat, did you find the correct cable ties for the engine harness? Need to replace all the cable ties in the engine bay after a respray.

Hi,

I forgot all about this thread and didn't post what I ended up doing.

I did try to order some from Nissan with yhe old p/n, but they substituted something from the modern cars. Ebnded up throwing yhem in the garbage can.

Then I tried the ones that SteveJ posted from Panduit. They work well and look similar to the originals, but are single use. They are designed for a hole around 6.5mm in diameter and the holes in the 280Z are 7.0mm. That means they fit ok, and maybe a little looser then yhe originals were when new.

I purchased a pack of 100 for about €25. The price has increased a little since then.

http://www.panduit.com/en/products-and-services/products/cable-and-wire-bundling/plastic-cable-ties/cable-ties-with-metal-barb/push-mount-ties/BP2S-D0

Hope that helps.

BT_0286.pdf

BP2S-D0 Product Page.pdf

Screenshot_20170309-192035.png