IGNORED

Just ordered my Rebello 3.0, now what

Im in the same boat. I ordered mine the beginning of May. He told me it would be 2 months. He did tell me that the guy that does his headwork had a death in the family, sounded like his father, so that delayed him quite a bit. Im trying to be patient but im kinda at the point in my build where i'm ready to put in the motor. I dont wanna keep calling and bugging him though.

I was there today. They were busy but Dave said "racing season is over" so he may have time to finish other projects. To be fair, everything has to be as planned for his timeline to work. All core parts must be serviceable, no one in the talent chain can be sick or have a death in the family. He said 10 weeks for mine, but I haven't even pulled the head he's going to be modifying (E31) so I'm my own problem as far as time is concerned. Mine will be a 10.2:1 3.0 liter with 200+ at the rear wheels. The torque though is the real story with these motors. I just need enough to overcome the talent difference between me and Silver Streak... 8-D

• 1 month later...

Its officially arrived! I spent the last 2 weeks traveling Europe so that put a bit of delay on things but i took my first jet lagged day back to go get the engine. Rebello had probably a dozen motors wrapped in plastic that looked like they were ready to go and one wicked sounding inline 6 on the dyno with a red valve cover. Ill be working on the engine bay this weekend. Heres the best bad picture with a totally unrelated child in the background jumping with excitement.

post-23586-14150830513008_thumb.jpg

Probably a typo. Dave sent the dyno sheet with my name in the filename, but the customer name wasn't me and the engine was "2.75 L", so I called and inquired and this one came at me. He probably just changed the two entries, took a screen shot and re-sent.

-Just checking the original file, disp and bore is the same in the "2.75 L" numbers. I vote typo.

Wasn't my engine on the dyno, as it only went on yesterday morning.

Dyno's are always a mystery though. How it actually moves the car will be the test. I have a friend who had his ride dyno at 400 WHP at the performance shop that did the work and it ran like a bag of hammers. He took it to a reputable outfit who specializes in Subaru tuning, they didn't change any parts, but fixed the mapping, etc, it pulled way harder and ran perfectly smooth, but dyno'd at 230 WHP...