IGNORED

Just ordered my Rebello 3.0, now what

Well with only about 30 minutes of runtime since the break-in/dyno/re torque, I doubt it.

I don't.

Valve clearances change rapidly during the break in period, as the valve and seat break in to each other. It's common to do many valve adjustments during the first ~1000 miles of a new engine,

I can't push a 0.010" feeler between any of them with a 'warm' engine, and everything looks clean and tidy in there. When I have the time I'll take it for a good boot and adjust to 0.010/0.012 while hot. Read on Zcar that 0.001" is equivalent to 5* of cam timing on a stock L24, seems like an excessive amount, but the credentials sound legit.

Any idea what Dave runs for lash on his cams, or would it vary each grind?

• Like 1

Doesn't Rebello run their engines for a break-in period?  Or is that only if you ask for a dyno sheet?

Many of the performance cams run a tighter lash than stock.  I agree with madkaw, just do exactly what the builder says to do.  He's built hundreds or thousands of these.  If it were mine, I would make a video or sound file and send it to him.  You might have a problem that can be fixed before it does extra damage.  Or even call him first and tell him it's very noisy.  He might have a procedure he wants you to follow.

On the lash - you can't stick a .010" in there but what can you?  What is the actual measurement?  Lash grows as the engine warms up, but if you're starting with a valve open when cold, you could "burn" or warp it.  Best to get a real number.

Bummer that it's not an easy break-in.  Extra noise on a new engine is not normal.