IGNORED

Very Cool Ignition Upgrade

Mike W

Some are interested in the pre mapped version. Here is a pdf of the curves.

There are four ranges of max advance with four curves in each giving a total of 16 available curves.

27, 30, 33 and 36 degrees. In addition these are made to be set at TDC. Then you can rotate the distributor for fine tuning. Very much like old school.

123GB6RV[1] Copy.pdf

Edited by 123ignitionusa

Well, I know for the L28e, the idle is 700 RPM (in drive, on an automatic) and the advance is 10 degrees. The manual cars are 10 deg. at 700RPM.

Did you want to know the total advance at, say 5,000 RPM? I think it's about 37 degrees.

Edited by TomoHawk

I've seen Leon's Megajolt/EDIS L2X motor running. I've never seen a steadier idle in a carburated Z and I've been around them for 35 years. Dead on accurate. I understand the argument for a stock look however...

Going Megajolt/EDIS bypasses any possible slop in the distributor/crank gear as well as distributor bushing wear. Since EDIS6 has 3 coil packs instead of one, each coil can have 3x longer dwell time and maintain spark at higher rpm.

I already have a Z running Megajolt and another one running a ZX dizzy. I'm elated that this option has presented itself, as I wanted to keep the other Z a bit more period-looking! Now I can have the look of a distributor along with a fully and easily customized timing map, just waiting for that pesky budget to build itself up...

If there's one thing I would want, it would be for the 123Tune interface to be the more typical 3D spark map instead of virtual centrifugal and vacuum advance curves. Splitting up the curves like that in a digital, programmable distributor doesn't make much sense to me.

Well, I know for the L28e, the idle is 700 RPM (in drive, on an automatic) and the advance is 10 degrees. The manual cars are 10 deg. at 700RPM.

Did you want to know the total advance at, say 5,000 RPM? I think it's about 37 degrees.

Yes, I was just curious to see where the switched version lined up. Of course the Tune is not effected as you index what you require.

Thanks to you and Zed

Ed - to try & help you some more with your question. The typical upgraded Z (such as mine) with the L28 Carb fed engine, mild cam/compression (~10:1) manifold, 2.5" exhaust etc can suffer from pinging using oem type Distributers & will therefore be prime candidates for the 123ignition. 36 total advance seems to be the limit for these cars - in my case I am using manifold vacuum with ~ 18 deg idle (~1krpm), 34/36(~3.3krpm) Total. With your Dizzy I plan to increase the advance at lower rpm & back it off at higher rpm (as that's were I get the pinging). I will let u know how I get on next week.