IGNORED

Goodbye Poly

jfa.series1

Today I started the process to get rid of polyurethane bushings and return to OE-style rubber. First off was the T/C rods using the AC Delco kit another member so kindly identified and available from our friends at RockAuto. A club tech session next weekend will see the rear LCA and steering rack bushings going back to rubber. I am really looking forward to a more civilized ride! :)

post-22303-14150826110755_thumb.jpg

When I bought my Z a few years back the suspension was shot and I had it rebuilt with a polyurethane kit from MSA. They recommended that I replace a couple of those parts with rubber unless the car was just for racing, so I did, and like the results. Don't remember which parts, though.

On the lift at a club tech session yesterday to get more poly bushings swapped out for rubber. The inner rear control arms were changed as was the steering rack. With eccentric bushings on the front control arms I won't get a lot of improvement up front but at least some of the snap in the steering wheel goes away. I can tell the difference already with the T/C rods and rear control arms now changed. The steering rod will also get swapped back to rubber in the next few days.

post-22303-14150826251701_thumb.jpg

post-22303-14150826252565_thumb.jpg