IGNORED

Air Conditioning, 75 280Z

585z

I have a '75 280Z that has the ARA dealer installed AC. The car was dis-assembled when I got it and I am trying to put it back together. I have all the major components but am missing the AC control switch and the thermal switch. Any power switch should work but the therrmal switch for cycling the compressor may be another matter. Does anyone know where I can find this switch and how does it install in the evaporator box? Is this an item that can be found at any AC shop or is it specifically calibrated to the 280Z evaporator? Any help would be appreciated!

Brad

The control box mounts in a frame just in front of the Evaporator. The Thermal Switch uses a Capillary Tube that runs up and into the Evaporator, controlling the cycling of the compressor based on the temperature range set. There are plenty around- I believe I have one. Your biggest problem will be finding a nice bezel for the front. PM me if you want to discuss more... Post some pics of what you've got - we can offer better suggestions that way.

Thanks for the info. I think I have all the pieces, except for a system on switch. My 280Z had the evaporator mounted in the center of the car behind the ac bezel. I found a thermostatic switch to mount on the side of the evaporator box. The factory air setup had a lot of other switches under the hood that mine did not have. I have a spot in the console to mount a lighted push-push switch. I will try to post a few pics when I get the system in place.

Brad

'75 280Z