IGNORED

Are 240z -280z heads and cam and valves interchangeable

TomCrowley

I have an older 240z engine built up mildly (Cam and valves) but after pulling the head off i can see a few cylinder walls are trash. It has an 83mm bore which from my understanding is stock 2.4l and the options I am seeing is bore it to clean it up and then gain some hp but I would have to but oversized pistons, or if it is possible put the heads on my l28 280z engine and do a rebuilt on it and bore it out a little and do some modifications. I only recently got into the Datsun world so I dont know a whole lot but if you guys have any better ideas I would love to hear them. I am 17 and my 280z is my senior year project.

I would do what is the most cost effective. Have you looked at the cylinders on the 280 motor yet? These bottom ends are pretty bullet proof and most of the time it's just the head that needs the real work.

Yes that head will work on that l28 block.

You need to do some research ! Considering this is a school project I would think that would be part of your homework:)

Things to consider

CR - small chamber head on bigger bore= high CR