IGNORED

A-R-A Air Conditioning unit with York Compressor unit from 1972

Taz0162

Has anyone else experienced the issue with the A-R-A Air conditioning system with the York Compressor where the compressor itself touches lower radiator hose (part where it exits the engine) and also the pulley appears dangerously close to where it connects to the lower radiator? I have new cloth braided hoses that I do not want to mess up. I have heard of zip tying the hose out of the way but that should not be the answer as It wouldn't have been done that way 41 years ago.

If others have experienced this what was done to rectify it?

I am re-installing this vintage system so removing it is not an option.

I had plenty of clearance on my ARA unit when it was installed for over 30 years. Any way for you to twist the radiator hose to change the angle? I never had to strap the hose out of the way. Once the compressor is bolted in place on its mounting bracket, it should be good to go and not interfere with any wires & hoses. Perhaps the new hose is shorter than stock.

Dennis

I just removed my stock york system that was original also.

and Yes,, the lower rad hose had a small dimple where it had been rubbing against the unit for some time.

sorry cant offer a fix as i removed everything and just purchased a new hose.