IGNORED

240z fuel and brake line insulator sets and steering rack expansion reservoir

nix240z

Speedometer cable grommet on firewall. Will need to be cut and glued back together, I machined so it has some meat in the center for easy gluing, plus hole in firewall will help hold it together. No other way around this, since ends of speedo cable are large and will not come off.

I will list on website when ready for purchase.

240zrubberparts.com

post-24576-14150827148809_thumb.jpg

another NLA part.

I had a few request for this part. Any other interest in the dust boot for the handbrake in the transmission tunnel? I machined up the part and ready to mold and cast.

leftside is the machined part and rightside is the original.

post-24576-1415082719608_thumb.jpg

Steve

This is a part I was going to ask about. You are on it. I have to check out your website.

another NLA part.

I had a few request for this part. Any other interest in the dust boot for the handbrake in the transmission tunnel? I machined up the part and ready to mold and cast.

leftside is the machined part and rightside is the original.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69037[/ATTACH]

Steve

STeve,

Do you have an illustration of where this handbrake dust boot is mounted? I couldn't find a part number or reference on my parts CD. On my last fun drive,

I did notice a cool breeze of air coming from the handbrake boot, but couldn't determine the source. This probably going to be added to my shopping list.

Dan

Sorry I dont think I can help you out on these.

I need a set of seals for factory headlight covers. I can get a set of originals to copy.

Dan, it is the circled part..

post-24576-1415082719684_thumb.jpg

STeve,

Do you have an illustration of where this handbrake dust boot is mounted? I couldn't find a part number or reference on my parts CD. On my last fun drive,

I did notice a cool breeze of air coming from the handbrake boot, but couldn't determine the source. This probably going to be added to my shopping list.

Dan

update on the firewall speedocable grommet. The grommet is done and I am testing the glue to hold it together after cutting. Regular superglue works fine, I have the grommet glued back together and under a stretch test of 150% of the cable size, to see if it comes apart. I have also ordered some loctite 406 which is made for rubber and high heat. Once I complete the tests I will report my findings.

post-24576-14150827230265_thumb.jpg

Steve

Edited by nix240z

update on the firewall speedocable grommet. The grommet is done and I am testing the glue to hold it together after cutting. Regular superglue works fine, I have the grommet glued back together and under a stretch test of 150% of the cable size, to see if it comes apart. I have also ordered some loctite 406 which is made for rubber and high heat. Once I complete the tests I will report my findings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69066[/ATTACH]

Steve

Love the R&D. 150% is a tough test.:cool:

Chas