IGNORED

240z fuel and brake line insulator sets and steering rack expansion reservoir

nix240z

72-73 choke cable grommet.

post-24576-14150825819416_thumb.jpg

on a side note, if anyone has an early type 70-71 that would be willing to sell me one, I plan on reproducing the early type but need one for reference. I will buy it or trade for it and then ship you a new reproduction for free.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I could not stand looking at the yellow/worn out defrost wire boot, so I molded my own in clear and also a black version. I went with the clear version, just like the original.

The one on the bottom is the original and above are my reproductions.

post-24576-14150826109458_thumb.jpg

post-24576-14150826110173_thumb.jpg

I could not stand looking at the yellow/worn out defrost wire boot, so I molded my own in clear and also a black version. I went with the clear version, just like the original.

The one on the bottom is the original and above are my reproductions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66781[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66782[/ATTACH]

Steve,

Do you have any of these clear defroster wire boots available for sale, and the asking price, if so?

Also looking forward to the choke cable firewall grommets when have them in original, early

style.

Thanks for all of your efforts with these projects to re-create hard to find parts.

Dan

Steve,

Do you have any of these clear defroster wire boots available for sale, and the asking price, if so?

Also looking forward to the choke cable firewall grommets when have them in original, early

style.

Thanks for all of your efforts with these projects to re-create hard to find parts.

Dan

Dan, I will mold up a few more sets of the clear defroster wire boots and let you know.

I finished up the angled version of the early 70-71 choke grommet and I am waiting on the original before I do the other straight version. I have all the parts machined and ready to go.

post-24576-14150826119442_thumb.jpg

post-24576-14150826120053_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Steve. They (the clear defroster wire boots) look good and definitely are very obvious, especially when burnt or discolored! Very nice work.

Dan

Steve, just as a point of interest, the brake booster insolator donut, as originally produced, I believe was made out of red rubber, on early cars anyway.

I am not 100% with this, but am pretty sure, and would welcome any more accurate info.

Edited by AZ-240z

Right Dan,

I can attest to the early ones being in red rubber as well.

All of the early cars I have parted or purchased have had them---usually in very poor condition.

A red alternative would be a nice touch!

Jim D.

"Zup"