IGNORED

240z spare tire options for oversized brakes

ironhelix

I've been driving my Z for 10 years with no spare. I've been from Toronto to New Hampshire and back and also to Nashville and back. In 20+ years of driving cars in general, I've never had a catastrophic tire failure in my own car that's required me to install a spare. I don't even have any roadside assistance memberships. I do carry a can of fix-a-flat and a puncture repair kit in the Z just in case.

Well I got a pretty good idea what you're going to be doing tomorrow.

Don't tease Murphy... :laugh:

LOL! That certainly crossed my mind. I have had plenty of punctures mind you, including a 5/16" dia. trailer hitch pin. But the tires have always held enough air to allow me to drive a considerable distance regardless. I've only experienced 2 catastrophic failures that required pulling immediately to the side of the road. One time was in my grandfathers car. Unbeknownst to me, the rear tires were worn down to cords, and the tread completely let go on one. The other time I was test driving a friends Z. Somehow, something made a V shaped gash in the inner sidewall of the tire and it rapidly lost air. I would have noticed hitting something that would do that kind of damage, but there was no warning. So, I suspect that it was damaged previously. His Z was notoriously sidelined for various issues, occasionally self-inflicted.