IGNORED

Looks like I scored two Clifford Research 6-2 headers on eBay!

73str86

After reading posts on this website, and consulting my How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun SOHC Engine book, I got my hands on two Clifford Research 6-2 headers.

The first set is NOS, with absolutely beautiful welds, a nice true thick mounting flange, and is ceramic coated inside and out.

post-25856-1415082330713_thumb.jpg

The second is used, sandblasted, and coated (not ceramic). There's one small hole I'll have to fix up. The welds aren't as nice, and look to be of the quality of the set I have now.

post-25856-14150823307598_thumb.jpg

I guess it's safe to say I'm a header nut. I plan to use the ceramic coated one, and got 2nd one just to have around.

:beer:

Congrats on that. I was looking on ebay for those, didn't find any and gave up. Guess persistance pays off. From my very limited knowledge (I read that book, and "How to hotrod and race your Datsun") I'm guessing the MSA headers might be good for racing and top HP, but not as good as Clifford for mid-range torque, especially important with my AT. Clifford has more stuff than a couple years ago after Jack died so possibly they'll bring them back if enough people show interest.

Seen some great looking headers from OZ (on a post here) and Japan (in magazines) but doubt if they'd work with LHD.

After reading posts on this website, and consulting my How to Modify Your Nissan/Datsun SOHC Engine book, I got my hands on two Clifford Research 6-2 headers.

The first set is NOS, with absolutely beautiful welds, a nice true thick mounting flange, and is ceramic coated inside and out.

The second is used, sandblasted, and coated (not ceramic). There's one small hole I'll have to fix up. The welds aren't as nice, and look to be of the quality of the set I have now.

I guess it's safe to say I'm a header nut. I plan to use the ceramic coated one, and got 2nd one just to have around.

:beer:

Very nice! Z headers double nicely as artwork. :)

post-19146-14150823312195_thumb.jpg

post-19146-14150823312445_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Not to hijack the thread but I recently got a set of Clifford Research 6-2 headers and the accompanying dual pipe exhaust system.  I'm fairly new to exhaust work and have only dealt with the compression-slip-fit type connections, does this system require a gasket between those flares pipe ends?  (Where the flanges meet)

If I can find my old Clifford catalog I'll check. Seems like it couldn't hurt to put a gasket. The auto parts store or a muffler shop could probably find something that would work. Make a paper pattern before you go.

Congrats on first post. Not a hijack if it's pertains directly to the thread. Better to have a photo of the headers and car though.

Edited by Stanley