IGNORED

Random engine idea....beware possibly very dumb/expensive

Anyone out there have any experience in the whole RB26 head / RB30 bottom end with trumpets???

Saw it in a mad Z in speed hunters and liked the look of it.

Just want to know if its stupidly expensive. Been doing a bit of reading on forums so I kinda have an idea

Bear in mind I reckon I can handle a L24 because I have a manual, but this would be WELL beyond me!

Ideas???

rb30/26 combo has been done alot, more turbo then n/a though. Kid k has a 25 in his so would best to ask him. From memory rb30 are tad taller thne 20/25/26 but custom engine mounts will deal with that

I can't see it being a terribly difficult conversion. 26/30's are built all the time. I had a chat with a good mate of mine who owns a nice GTR workshop when I was thinking about this and he recommends the 25 head over the 26 head though. The 25 head has VVT on the intake side which is better for N/A power. I've seen HKS VCAM set up's on 26's but pretty sure they are not made anymore.

HKS - V CAM System - Step 1 A & B - Nengun Performance

Yeah I read that. Awesome build. But he did it himself so saved heaps, just cost him time.

I was just mulling ideas around in my head and thought of this.

I really love the look of the RB26 head though (I'm in love with GTR RB26dett)

But I don't want to go beyond NA. It's how they were and I want to be true to that, but chase HP at the same time.

I wonder what the cost comparison to a 3.1 stroker would be?